A quick, easy, one-dish weeknight meal invented by my mother-in-law. We love this stuff and use lots of jalapenos!! Chicken Spaghetti Texas-Style. The mix of jalapenos and cream keeps it from being too hot but maintains the spicy flavor. We serve with garlic bread for scooping up the sauce and a veggie on the side.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeno pepper juice, from jar pickled jalapeno pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup or 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- pickled jalapeno pepper juice
- salt and pepper
- Trim chicken breasts of fat and cut into bite-sized pieces. Saute in a large skillet with butter and garlic until cooked through and browned.
- Add minced jalapenos and liquid. Saute until fragrant and pan is fairly dry.
- Add soup, milk, and cheese. Simmer until heated through and cheese is melted. Add more milk or jalapeno liquid as desired to thin sauce.
- Serve over spaghetti noodles.
This was really good! I used whole wheat penne, added 2 cans of mushrooms and put it all in a 9x13 pan with cheese on top. I will make this again! Thanks!
Made this the other night. It was quite good. I'm not sure how much jalapeno and juice I used but I'm fairly certain it was more than called for and it still wasn't super spicy. Very tasty and I had some left over the next day, just cooked more pasta and heated the sauce/chicken in a small skillet. Thanks.
I thought this was very good. I used minced fresh and pickeled jalapenos, added chopped cilantro at the end. I just needed more than a half a cup to thin out the sauce. For the salt portion, I used Goya adobo seasoning. I halved the recipe. Next time , I will make the full recipe and freeze the leftovers. Thank you for the recipe.