1/2 Photos of Spicy Chicken Soup With Hints of Lemongrass and Coconut Milk
Ozlem Altinok's Note:
This is a delightful soup ,creamy with coconut milk and fragrant with the elusive flavor of lemongrass.I got hold of the recipe years ago from a thai lady who was offering cooking classes for the expat wives .Even my little one eats this without complaining.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 400 g chicken breasts, sliced into strips seasoned with
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 (400 g) can button mushrooms
- 1 cup good chicken stock
- 2 stalks lemongrass, sliced
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 (200 ml) can coconut milk, diluted to give 4 cups
- 6 birds eye chiles, bruised
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 sprig coriander leaves
- 1Place stock in a pot and add lemon grass,kaffir lime leaves,and onions.
- 2Bring to boil over medium heat.
- 3Add the mushrooms,chicken,lime juice,fish sauce,sugar and salt.
- 4Cook slowly uncovered for 10 minutes then add coconut milk and chillies.
- 5Bring to almost a boil,stirring frequently,then remove from heat and serve,garnishing with the coriander sprigs.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Chicken Soup With Hints of Lemongrass and Coconut Milk
Serving Size: 1 (419 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.2
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 1925.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 28.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves