Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
from allrecipes.com I didn't see it posted but it sounds so yummy!
- 2 quarts water
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 5 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) canspeeled and diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 (16 ounce) cans chili beans, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine water, chicken, salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley, onion powder and bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 1 hour, or until chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken, reserve broth. Shred chicken.
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook onion and garlic in olive oil until slightly browned. Stir in salsa, diced tomatoes, whole tomatoes, tomato soup, chili powder, corn, chili beans, sour cream, shredded chicken and 5 cups broth. Simmer 30 minutes.
This is a great recipe and very versatile. I do not add the sour cream to the pot but just a little to each bowl. I made with 3-4 breasts and doubled corn. I also used all diced tomatoes. Every body that tried it loved from my dear "not too spicy" mom to my best friend and nephews. Oh and me too! This would freeze well if you don't add sour cream to the initial pot.