Recipe by Momma Zakaria
I created this dish one night just fiddling around. Everyone who tries it loves it, even those who hate spicy foods. My husband swears it is like Moroccan food, so I suggest serving it over cous cous.
Top Review by Bergy
Tasty chicken soup with just the right amount of spice. I added 2 celery stalks and some baby carrots. I like to clean out the fridge when I made vegetable soup. Be sure to use the full amount of onions they add so much flavor. My potatoes cooked right out to mush making the soup cloudy but sure did not affect the flavor. In fact they thickened the soup a bit. I did not have lemon pepper so I used regular and added 2 tbsp of lemon juice. I like the low sodium rating for this recipe. Thanks Momma Zakaria for posting this easy recipe
- 1 -2 lean boneless chicken breast, cubed (1 inch cubes)
- 2 large white onions or 2 large vidalia onions, sliced
- 1 potatoes, cut into chunks with skin on or 1 skinless potato
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄8 cup seasoning salt (a little less than 1/8 c)
- 1⁄4 cup garlic
- 1⁄4 cup lemon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put water, onions, chicken, and potatoes into a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add in all seasonings stir well, then lower heat and cook on lowest setting for around 2-3 hours. Check flavor every hour, and add more of seasonings if desired.
- BONUS! If you separate the chicken and vegetables from the broth and strain the broth so it is clear, you can make cous cous using the broth and serve the vegetables over the cous cous as a truly Moroccan style dish!