Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a great recipe! I've used it as a main dish and as an appetizer at parties. I use cornflakes for the coating and crushed red pepper flakes instead of ground red pepper--you can make it as spicy or as mild as you like. The cilantro dip cools and complements the chicken.The original recipe came from Better homes and Gardens.
- 6 inch wooden skewers
- 59.14 ml corn flake crumbs or 59.14 ml dry bread, crumbs
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground red pepper or 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 29.58 ml margarine or 29.58 ml butter, melted
- 226.79 g carton sour cream
- 44.37 ml fresh cilantro, snipped
- 1. Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- 2. While soaking skewers, combine crumbs, chili powder, black pepper, salt, and red pepper in a shallow dish.
- 3. Cut chicken into strips, thread onto skewers. Brush chicken with melted butter or margarine. Roll in crumb mixture.
- 4. Place chicken skewers in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and no longer pink, turning once.
- 5. While chicken is baking, stir together sour cream and cilantro in small bowl. Serve alongside chicken.