Recipe by VickiVSN
Creamy and spicy pasta dish is lighter in fat than most. Heat can be adjusted to taste.
Top Review by kdegone
I served this at a small dinner party, and it was fairly popular. It can be made to varying degrees of spicy, which was nice. I'd recommend the recipe any time (as a matter of fact, I'm cooking it again this weekend)
- 2 low-fat spicy chicken sausage
- 4 ounces whole wheat pasta, penne rigoti
- 1 red pepper
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons light cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chili seasoning mix (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Start water boiling with some salt.
- When boiling add pasta and boil for 7 minutes.
- Begin heating sausage in frying pan on medium high heat(oil not needed) turning occasionally.
- Cut red pepper into strips.
- Cut red onion into bite size pieces.
- Break off woody end of asparagus and discard.
- Put red pepper, red onion, and asparagus in a bowl.
- Add 1 tsp oil, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Toss to coat vegetables.
- Grill or broil in the oven until soft and edges beginning to blacken.
- Cut up sausage and any large piece vegetable to desired bite size bits.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream milk, and parmesan, chili garlic sauce, and chipotle seasoning to frying pan.
- Mix sauce well while heating.
- Add vegetables and sausage back into pan.
- Add drained pasta.
- Mix well until all coated and sauce is at desired consistency.