Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made this combination up tonight for dinner and it worked out very well for us. A little spice with a little sweet. Feel free to use any veggies you would like. This is what I had on hand.
- 16 ounces chicken breast fillets
- 16 ounces chorizo sausage or 16 ounces other seasoned pork sausage
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- To make the baste, place the oil, garlic, curry paste and honey in a small screw-top jar and shake well to combine.
- Let stand for 1 hour for the ingredients to flavor each other.
- Cut the chicken into 1 inch pieces.
- Cut the sausage into 1 inch lengths.
- Cut the pepper and onion into 1 inch lengths.
- Thread the chicken and sausage pieces onto 8 skewers, alternating with the peppers and onions.
- Broil the kabobs over hot coals for about 15 minutes, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Turn the kabobs and baste them frequently with the baste.
- Transfer to a warm individual serving plate and serve at once.
I had some chicken breasts and sausage on hand, but not enough of either to make a meal. What a perfect find this recipe was! I was concerned that there wouldn't be enough basting sauce but it was just fine. Very flavorful AND easy. Thank you so much.