2 hrs 35 mins
Enduring Gastronomy's Note:
Vietnamese use of fresh herbs, hot chiles, pickled vegetables, and a zesty dressing. This recipe refers to Pickled Carrot & Radishes, which makes 2 cups. Only 1/2 cup is needed here. (Eating Well, Summer 2003)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon lime juice or 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 (12 inch) baguette, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup cucumber, thingly sliced
- 1 cup cooked chicken, thinly sliced
- 1 shallots or 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 serrano chili, seeded and finely chopped (1 Tbsp)
- 2 sprigs fresh cilantro or 2 sprigs basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons reduced-fat mayonnaise (or Ginger-Miso Tofu Dressing)
- 1Make "Pickled Carrot & Radish" (2 hrs & 20 min).
- 2Combine lime juice and fish sauce in a small bowl.
- 3On the bottom half of baguette, put two layers of cucumber slices.
- 4Then Pickled Carrot & Radish.
- 5Then chicken slices.
- 6Sprinkle with shallot and chiles.
- 7Dribble fish sauce mixture.
- 8Top with cilantro.
- 9On the top half of the baguette, spread mayo.
- 10Replace the top and cut into two 6-inch sandwiches.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Chicken Sandwiches (Banh Mi Ga)
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 748.5
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 54.2 mg
- Sodium 1547.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 117.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 37.4 g