2 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
From Cooking Light, the quote from my husband was, "WOW! Any dude would eat that and never know it was low fat!" I would recommend using a hamburger bun if you can not find small Kaiser rolls.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 1/2 ounces baked corn tortilla chips (about 6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (2 ounce) kaiser rolls, split
- 12 red onion rings
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1To prepare mayo, combine the first 4 ingredients.
- 2To prepare chicken, combine egg substitute, hot sauce, oregano, and salt in a large zip-top plastic bag.
- 3Cut chicken breast halves in half horizontally to form 4 cutlets.
- 4Add chicken to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 2 hours or up to 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- 5Place tortilla chips in a food processor; process 1 minute or until ground. Place ground chips in a shallow dish.
- 6Working with one cutlet at a time, remove chicken from marinade, allowing excess to drip off.
- 7Coat chicken completely in chips. Set aside. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken and chips.
- 8Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil to pan, swirling to coat.
- 9Add chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned and done.
- 10Spread mayo evenly over cut sides of rolls. Layer bottom half of each roll with 3 onion slices, 1 lettuce leaf, and 1 chicken cutlet; top with top halves of rolls.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Chicken Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.3
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 60.6 mg
- Sodium 1264.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 28.5 g