Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep2 hrs 30 mins
From Cooking Light, the quote from my husband was, "WOW! Any dude would eat that and never know it was low fat!" I would recommend using a hamburger bun if you can not find small Kaiser rolls.
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 1⁄2 ounces baked corn tortilla chips (about 6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (2 ounce) kaiser rolls, split
- 12 red onion rings
- 4 lettuce leaves
- To prepare mayo, combine the first 4 ingredients.
- To prepare chicken, combine egg substitute, hot sauce, oregano, and salt in a large zip-top plastic bag.
- Cut chicken breast halves in half horizontally to form 4 cutlets.
- Add chicken to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 2 hours or up to 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Place tortilla chips in a food processor; process 1 minute or until ground. Place ground chips in a shallow dish.
- Working with one cutlet at a time, remove chicken from marinade, allowing excess to drip off.
- Coat chicken completely in chips. Set aside. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken and chips.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil to pan, swirling to coat.
- Add chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned and done.
- Spread mayo evenly over cut sides of rolls. Layer bottom half of each roll with 3 onion slices, 1 lettuce leaf, and 1 chicken cutlet; top with top halves of rolls.