Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup red hot sauce
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 teaspoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 reduced-fat hamburger buns with sesame seeds
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped lettuce
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray baking pan with cooking spray. Mix pepper sauce and water in a recloseable plastic bag.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large recloseable plastic bag.
- Put chicken in bag with hot pepper sauce and toss to coat.
- Take chicken one piece at a time and shake in the bag of dry mixture, making sure to coat well.
- Place the chicken on the baking pan and coat with the cooking spray.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle chicken with hot pepper sauce mix and spray more cooking spray on the chicken.
- Turn and bake 30 minutes more.
- Brown the face of the buns.
- On the top half of the bun spread 2 teaspoons of the mayonnaise and top with a slice of tomato and chopped lettuce.
Delicious! I doubled the spices/seasonings and didn't use any flour. I did half the recipe and only needed a total of 28 minutes in the oven.
Sorry I haven't reviewed this earlier. I am constantly trying new recipes, but this has become a regular go-to for easy dinner night, and I make this about twice a month. I use Mexican chile powder and add a lot of garlic power. My favorite sauce to use is "Louisiana Wing Sauce". Thanks for the post and I'm looking forward to making this again on Saturday!