Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This salad can be eaten warm or cold. If you want to make it more substantial, add a pack of egg noodles, cooked and cooled under running water.
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 shallots, finely sliced
- 2 red chili peppers, deseeded and sliced finely
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced finely
- 2 ounces black olives, pitted and halved
- 4 cooked chicken breasts, sliced
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- Steam the broccoli for 4 mins until just tender, tip into a large bowl, then season.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan and fry the shallots for 2 minutes
- Add the chili and garlic then cook for a further 4 mins until softened.
- Remove the shallots, chili and garlic with a slotted spoon, then mix with the broccoli, olives and chicken.
- Add the soy sauce to the pan, warm over a medium heat, then pour over the salad.
- Eat warm or cold.