Recipe by Abi Fae
I needed something to use up the leftover flatbread on. Chicken salad sounded perfect.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons oil (I used bacon grease)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup sweet bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup horseradish mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into large pieces and fry in the oil. I had bacon grease on hand and fried it in that, which made it extremely tender and flavorful.
- Cool chicken entirely and shred. Add spices (cumin, mustard, pepper, red pepper, garlic, and paprika) to the chicken and mix thoroughly. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Add the bell peppers, mayo, and mustard. Mix well.