1/1 Photo of Spicy Chicken Rustica on Ravioli and Arugula
Just made that name up.... This was super flavorful and simple to make. We were fighting over the last serving at lunch the next day. This was one of those "here's what I have, so what can I make?" I think I would have added some black olives if I'd had them but that's the ONLY thing I would change for our taste. I used Classico's Spicy Tomato and Basil Pasta sauce (my very favorite in a jar). I also add a dash of cayenne which is not included in the ingredients listed. Cooking the arugula takes a lot of the bitterness out but adds a "nutty" flavor to this dish. You can use spinach in replace of the arugula if arugula is unavailable.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1 (26 ounce) jar tomato sauce (spicy tomato and basil if available)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 (25 ounce) package frozen cheese ravioli
- 8 cups arugula leaves (loose packed, more or less depending on availability) or 8 cups spinach leaves (loose packed, more or less depending on availability)
- 1At medium high heat, saute onion, peppers and garlic in 4 Tbsps. of the olive oil until slightly tender. Add chicken pieces. Saute until chicken is no longer pink. Add sundried tomatoes and saute for 2 minutes longer. Turn temperature down to medium low. Add tomato sauce, salt, black pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes so that flavors blend well. Add fresh basil last 2 minutes of simmering.
- 2Cook ravioli as per instructions on the package.
- 3Heat saute (fry) pan to high and take off of the fire. Pour last 2 tablespoons of olive oil into the pan after it has a cooled for a minute. Add the arugula and stir until slightly cooked (to prevent over cooking like spinach).
- 4Serve the sauce over ravioli with a few "piles" of Argula around the outside for a decorative look -- .A fresh basil leaf on top is a nice touch.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Chicken Rustica on Ravioli and Arugula
Serving Size: 1 (412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.9
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 51.3 mg
- Sodium 1429.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 25.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen cheese ravioli