Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 hrs
A delicious way to cook two whole chickens - the rub is so delicious -
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 onions, quartered
- 2 whole chickens (4lbs. each)
- In a small bowl, combine all but onion and chicken. Set aside.
- Remove and discard giblets from chicken.
- Rinse chicken cavity and pat dry with paper towel.
- Rub each chicken inside and out with reserved spice mixture.
- Place one onion in the cavity of each chicken.
- Place chicken in a resealable bag or double wrap in with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate overnight or at least 4-6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 250°F Place chicken in a roasting pan. Bake uncovered for 5 hours, to a minimum internal temperature of 180°F Let the chickens stand for 10 minutes before carving.