Recipe by Karen in MA
This can also be served as a stew with pita breads, but I like it served atop rice. Canned tomatoes can be substituted for the fresh if you like (sometimes I like to use the fire roasted canned tomatoes).
- 4 chicken breasts, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- hot chili sauce
- cooked rice, 4 servings (I like basmati or jasmine)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the spice and salt and sprinkle over the chicken.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan, and cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Add garlic, hot chicken stock, and lemon juice.
- Add tomatoes, then gently simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in chopped cilantro.