Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple, spicy and quick! Let me explain the title: I had bought ingredients for 2 different recipes and was making the quesadillas. As I dumped the second can of tomatoes with chiles into the mix, I realized they were for the other recipe! Ooops! Well, guess what? It turned out pretty good! :) As most of my recipes, don't make this if your family doesn't care for spicy food.
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken breasts, strained and shredded
- 2 (10 ounce) cans tomatoes and green chilies (I prefer Rotel)
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 8 flour tortillas (burrito size)
- Strain the tomatoes using a strainer. Make sure all liquid is out.
- Mix shredded chicken, tomatoes, cheese, and onions.
- Lay out 4 of the tortillas. Spread a thin even layer of the mix over the tortillas - making sure to cover the entire tortilla. Cover each with extra tortilla.
- Using non-stick pan, lightly brown on both sides, making sure cheese melts.
- Slice into 4-6 pieces and serve with sour cream, salsa, pico de gallo, salad --
- We use this as a meal, but if you want to use it as appetizers, substitute the burrito-sized tortillas with 16 taco-sized. Spread the mixture over 8 of them and top with the other 8. Slice into 4 pieces.
This was so so good easy and simple! And surprisingly hardy! my boyfriend and I loved it so much we like a little kick so we added a little hot sauce in the mix and then a little more in some sour cream for dipping! It was perfect! A definite keeper! Thanks :)
It's amazing how someone's "goof" can turn into such an amazing dish! My kids request it all the time and can even cook it for themselves. A MUST TRY :)