Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Southern Spicy with an up north twist. Not for the weak stomached
- 8 count flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 lb chicken fillet
- 1⁄4 lb three monterey jack pepper cheese (From Deli)
- 1⁄4 lb habanero pepper cheese
- 1 yellow sweet bell pepper
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 lime
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- cube chicken in to medium sized pieces. slice jalapeno in to thin rings. Place skillet over medium heat, add olive oil to pan. place chicken and jalapeno to the pan. stir fry chicken for about 10-12 minutes or until. Be sure to constantly stir chicken to keep it from burning. While chicken in frying cut bell pepper in to thin strips then in half add to pan. squeeze lime juice in to pan with cajun seasoning and salt and pepper. once chicken is almost fully cooked turn heat down to simmer. at this time shred habanero cheese over the chicken. at this time place medium skillet over low heat and place one tortilla with pepper jack cheese slices on top of it in the pan, let melt. Remove chicken from heat. Then place healthy serving of chicken filling on tortilla shell and place another slice of cheese and then another tortilla. use spatula to press on Quesadillas to slightly flatten them. repeat with three more and your meal is ready to eat.
- If this is your first time cooking these you may want to use to spatulas to lift them out of the pan. it will make it much easier.
- This can be served with refried beans as a side dish.