Prep 25 mins
Cook 13 mins
Lower cal comfort food. (From Fitness.com)
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 12 ounces boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- nonstick cooking spray
- 10 ounces package refrigerated pizza dough
- 1⁄2 cup mild picante sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a large nonstick skillet, heat cooking oil. Cook chicken strips in the oil over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, or until no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Add red pepper and onion; cook about 5 minutes, or until tender. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Coat a 15-x-10-x-1-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Unroll pizza dough in pan; press to form a 12-x-8-inch crust. Pinch edges of dough.
- Spread crust with picante sauce. Top with chicken and vegetables; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake for 13 to 18 minutes, or until crust is brown and cheese is melted.