Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
People either seem to love or hate this recipe. I, personally, love it!! I also think it would make a nice baked chicken ... though, I haven't tried that yet. Using low-sodium soy sauce has been asked of me ... it can be salty.
- 1 lb chicken, diced
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 pizza crust
- Mix ingredients 2-6 into a marinade.
- Stir in chicken and let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Drain and save marinade.
- Cook chicken in a frying pan until done.
- Stir cornstarch into marinade.
- Add marinade to chicken and cook until thick and bubbly. About 2 minutes.
- Add a small amount of water to make mixture less thick and easier to spread.
- Spoon onto a 12" pizza crust. You can use the pizza dough balls from the store, or make your own in your bread machine. I like to do this and add garlic and Parmesan cheese to the dough.
- I like to prebake my crust for about 10 minutes. It seems to make the finished product less doughy.
- Add cheese.
- Cook at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- After removing from oven, sprinkle top with additional green onion, if desired.