Lorrie in Montreal's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cooked orzo pasta (about 1 cup dry)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fat free egg substitute or 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 1/2 diced roasted chicken
- 14 1/2 ounces Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat monterey jack cheese or 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2To make the crust, place the orzo, Parmesan cheese, and egg substitute or egg whites in a large bowl and stir to mix well.
- 3Coat a 10-inch pie pan with the cooking spray and pat the mixture evenly over the bottom and sides of the pan, forming an even crust.
- 4Spray the crust lightly with the cooking spray and bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
- 5While the crust is baking, coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and add the mushrooms and onions.
- 6Place the skillet over medium heat, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, for several minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- 7Add the undrained tomatoes, chili powder, and chicken to the skillet mixture.
- 8Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or more, until the mixture is thick.
- 9Spoon the chicken mixture into the baked crust and sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- 10Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- 11Cut into wedges and serve hot.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Chicken Pie
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 615.3
- Calories from Fat 379
- Total Fat 42.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 193.0 mg
- Sodium 626.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 51.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cooked orzo pasta