Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 3 cups cooked orzo pasta (about 1 cup dry)
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fat free egg substitute or 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 1⁄2 diced roasted chicken
- 14 1⁄2 ounces Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat monterey jack cheese or 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- To make the crust, place the orzo, Parmesan cheese, and egg substitute or egg whites in a large bowl and stir to mix well.
- Coat a 10-inch pie pan with the cooking spray and pat the mixture evenly over the bottom and sides of the pan, forming an even crust.
- Spray the crust lightly with the cooking spray and bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and add the mushrooms and onions.
- Place the skillet over medium heat, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, for several minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the undrained tomatoes, chili powder, and chicken to the skillet mixture.
- Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or more, until the mixture is thick.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into the baked crust and sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Cut into wedges and serve hot.