By The Lake's Note:
Angel hair pasta and chicken strips with herbs in a spicy broth-based soup. Easy recipe similar to the traditional non-spicy version.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 red chili peppers, seeded
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 inches piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chicken breast, strips
- 1/4 cup carrot, chopped
- 4 ounces angel hair noodles
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves, chopped (for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, powder
- 1 red chili pepper, sliced (for garnish)
- 1With a food processor or blender, mix well the red chili pepper, powdered cayenne pepper, fish sauce, sesame oil, ginger, lime juice, parsley, coriander and sugar. The mixture should form to a paste.
- 2In a saucepan over medium heat, add the paste and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add the carrots, celery, 3 cups chicken stock and 1 cup water, then bring to a boil on high. Turn heat down to medium, add and pouch chicken strips and poach for 5 minutes or until meat is cooked through.
- 3Cook angel hair pasta according to package instructions. Drain.
- 4Place equal portions of the cooked noodles in a serving bowl. Ladle over the chicken mixture then top and garnish with sliced red chili pepper and reserved coriander leaves.
- 5NOTES: add vegetables such as diced potatoes, green peas, mushrooms, corn, bell peppers -- etc, for a different flavor.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Chicken Pasta Soup
Serving Size: 1 (678 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.2
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 58.6 mg
- Sodium 1947.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 19.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: