Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick and easy stirfry. This is based on a Huey recipe.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketjap manis (your own or Ketjap Manis)
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (your own or Sambal Oelek)
- 440 g hokkien noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 red onion, cut into fine wedges
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 300 -400 g minced chicken
- 6 snow peas, shredded
- lemon wedges or lime wedge, to serve
- Whisk up soy, ketjap manis, oyster sauce, stock and sambal.
- Set aside.
- Place noodles in another bowl and soak in boiling water, carefully separating with tongs as you do so.
- Drain well.
- At the same time, heat oil in a wok (or large non-stick fry pan) and gently saute onion and garlic until softish.
- Add chicken and stirfry until almost cooked, mashing as you do so and adding more oil if needed.
- Then pour in the sauce and add snow peas and spring onions, with more stock if needed.
- Mix well, briefly cook and taste for seasoning.
- Add noodles and gently toss.
- Mound into individual bowls and serve with lemon or lime wedges on the side.