Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great snack for watching sports with the guys.
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3⁄4 lb boneless chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons mild picante sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander or 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) can red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup mild picante sauce
- 6 soft corn tortillas, cut into quarters (about 6 to 7 inches in diameter) or 6 packaged corn chips
- To prepare chicken, in a cup combine cumin, oregano, salt. coriander and red pepper. Sprinkle spice mixture on both sides of chicken.
- In 10-inch skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. Once oil is hot, cook chicken for 6 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once. If using chicken thighs, cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender and no longer pink, turning occasionally. Cool slightly, shred, and set aside.
- To prepare the bean topping, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil. Once oil is hot, cook garlic and onion 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add beans and picante sauce; heat through. With fork or potato masher, coarsely mash beans; set aside.
- To prepare the corn chips, heat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange corn tortillas on a large cookie sheet, overlapping slightly to fit. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp. Cool slightly.
- Arrange corn chips on a large oven-proof serving plate or in a large shallow baking dish. Spoon some bean topping on each com chip. Top with shredded chicken and cheddar cheese. Drizzle with picante sauce. Return to oven and bake 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with coriander.