Recipe by kssalah
Easy one dish chicken meal
Top Review by *Pixie*
What a great, healthy meal that's quick enough for a week night! We really enjoyed this dish, especially with the addition of a dab of sour cream. I had a green pepper that I needed to use so I added it, worked really well. I skipped the rice, since I don't need the extra carbs. I'll definitely be making this one again, thanks for posting. Made for PAC Spring 2010.
- 1⁄2 lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can beans, rinsed a (black or kidney)
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium-heat. Add the chicken, onion, and garlic, and sauté for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring until the chicken is browned on all sides.
- Stir in the beans, tomato, salsa, salt, and pepper. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through and no pink remains in the chicken.
- Spoon over warm rice, if desired, and serve topped with a dollop of sour cream.