Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
When you're looking for something tasty and unique to serve at your next appetizer party or to compliment a delicious Asian meal......this recipe will suit your needs....very quick and easy!
- 1 lb ground chicken or 1 lb turkey
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup water chestnut, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped peanuts
- 12 lettuce leaves
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- Combine chicken, ginger , garlic and red pepper flakes in a medium size bowl. Blend soy sauce and cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth.
- Heat wok or large skillet over med heat. Add oil heat until hot. Add chicken mixture and stir fry 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir soy sauce mixture and add to wok. Stir fry 30 seconds ur until sauce boils and thickens. Add water chestnuts, onions and peanuts, heat through.
- Divide filling evenly among lettuce leaves and roll up. Secure with tooth pics and serve warm. Serve with hoisen sauce or you can put the hoisen sauce in the lettuce leave mixture as you roll it up.
- You can also just place the lettuce, the cooked chicken mixture and the hoisen sauce on the table and let the individuals roll as desired.