Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a low calorie, flavorful recipe with a distinctive spicy flavour.
Make and share this Spicy Chicken Lettuce Wrap recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 1 head boston lettuce
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup of diced green beans
- 1⁄2 cup of diced sugar snap pea
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 large hot red chili pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon anise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- diced green onion, cilantro, chinese hot chili sauce for topping
- 1 dash cinnamon
- Add vegetable & sesame oil to a saute pan, pre-heated at a medium setting.
- Add garlic and ginger and fry until lightly golden.
- Add minced chicken, fry until exterior is cooked and break down with a wooden spoon until all pieces are small.
- Add rice vinegar, lime juice,soy sauce, honey and cabbage.
- Add anise and cinnamon (you can alternately use Chinese 5 spice).
- Cook until cabbage begins to soften.
- Add green beans and sugar snap peas (diced into thirds) and hot chili pepper.
- Cook until vegetables are done (they are bright green, still a bit crunchy) and liquid in the pan has reduced. Allow chicken to brown as desired.
- Serve over individual leaves of boston lettuce. Garnish with green onions, cilantro and chinese chili sauce as desired.
- Eat wraps with your hands.