This is a low calorie, flavorful recipe with a distinctive spicy flavour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 1 head boston lettuce
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup of diced green beans
- 1/2 cup of diced sugar snap pea
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 large hot red chili pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon anise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- diced green onion, cilantro, chinese hot chili sauce for topping
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1Add vegetable & sesame oil to a saute pan, pre-heated at a medium setting.
- 2Add garlic and ginger and fry until lightly golden.
- 3Add minced chicken, fry until exterior is cooked and break down with a wooden spoon until all pieces are small.
- 4Add rice vinegar, lime juice,soy sauce, honey and cabbage.
- 5Add anise and cinnamon (you can alternately use Chinese 5 spice).
- 6Cook until cabbage begins to soften.
- 7Add green beans and sugar snap peas (diced into thirds) and hot chili pepper.
- 8Cook until vegetables are done (they are bright green, still a bit crunchy) and liquid in the pan has reduced. Allow chicken to brown as desired.
- 9Serve over individual leaves of boston lettuce. Garnish with green onions, cilantro and chinese chili sauce as desired.
- 10Eat wraps with your hands.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Chicken Lettuce Wrap
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.5
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 79.4 mg
- Sodium 344.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 26.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot red chili peppers
seasoned rice vinegar