Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Lasagna on the Spicy and Mexican style. One of my favorites, esp. since I love spicy. I dont even like Chicken, but this is one recipe where I do.
- 2 yellow bell peppers, halved cored and seeded
- 1 cup green chili salsa, bottled
- 9 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole corn, drained
- Place pepper halves over fire or on broiler pan rack, cut sides down. Broil or char until skins are mostly charred. Remove peppers to a saucepan, cover and let stand 10 minutes.
- Pull charred skin from peppers (some will remain), then cut peppers in 1 1/2-inch pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Have a 9 x 13-inch baking dish ready.
- Spread 1/4 cup salsa over bottom of baking dish. Top with 3 noodles placed crosswise, leaving 1 inch between each.
- Whisk sour cream, milk, egg and flour in a medium bowl until blended (mixture will be thin). Pour 2/3 cup sauce over the noodles to cover. Scatter chicken, then 1/4 cup cilantro over top. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese and dot with 2 tablespoons salsa. Cover with 3 more noodles and another 2/3 cup sauce. Top with yellow peppers, 1/2 cup cheese, the corn and 1/4 cup cilantro. Top with 3 more noodles and the remaining sauce, salsa and cheese. Cover with foil.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes until noodles are tender. Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cilantro.