Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Great sloppy chicken sandwiches with a Tex-Mex flair.
Top Review by AllisonB
This chicken was awesome! We cooked it all day (8hrs) on low and it turned out fabulous! It is pretty spicy but if you get it too hot you can always tone it down with a little honey. Overall great recipe! We'll be having this often!
- 2 -3 boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 4 sourdough rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, brown the chicken, onion, and garlic in the heated olive oil; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Place the chicken mixture in a slow cooker.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5-6 hours or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and shred with a fork.
- Open each sourdough roll and place on individual serving plates.
- Top with shredded chicken.
- Then top with sauce.
- Note: When making the sauce, I add a little adobo sauce from the chiles to taste.