Recipe by jena_c
Makes-your-tongue-sweat Jambalaya! A BIG hit in my house. Awesome with an ice cold beer!
Top Review by Chef ET
My family loves this recipe, it's great! Couple of ingredients that I skipped were creole seasoning, zucchini, yellow squash. I only use 1 habanero (6-8 servings) because if you use 4 of them it will be too hot! (Seriously, one is enough). I also added 2 cups of water in addition to 3 cups of chicken broth. Again, thanks for the wonderful recipe.
- 2 1⁄2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (for browning meats)
- 5 links cooked sausage
- 1⁄4 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup zucchini (optional-as filler)
- 1⁄4 cup yellow squash (optional-as filler)
- 4 small habanero peppers
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown cubed chicken in heated oil over medium heat in skillet for ten (10) minutes.
- Add sausage links and cook until browned.
- Remove meat, set inside a Dutch oven.
- Place peppers, onions, zucchini, squash, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, chili powder and Creole Seasoning in same skillet until tender.
- Add pepper mix to meat.
- Add rice, broth and stewed tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil, simmer on medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Serve with fresh lime wedges on the side, if desired.