Chef #161183's Note:
Makes-your-tongue-sweat Jambalaya! A BIG hit in my house. Awesome with an ice cold beer!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (for browning meats)
- 5 links cooked sausage
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup zucchini (optional-as filler)
- 1/4 cup yellow squash (optional-as filler)
- 4 small habanero peppers
- 1Brown cubed chicken in heated oil over medium heat in skillet for ten (10) minutes.
- 2Add sausage links and cook until browned.
- 3Remove meat, set inside a Dutch oven.
- 4Place peppers, onions, zucchini, squash, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, chili powder and Creole Seasoning in same skillet until tender.
- 5Add pepper mix to meat.
- 6Add rice, broth and stewed tomatoes.
- 7Bring to a boil, simmer on medium heat for 30 minutes.
- 8Serve with fresh lime wedges on the side, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Chicken Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.2
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 101.4 mg
- Sodium 1233.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 30.8 g