Shawn C's Note:
While digging through the pantry I threw this together and thus a new favorite dish was born. This can stretch a few ingredients to feed the family. Try and you will agree this is a dish you will feel good about serving to friends as well. Blackened Chicken Penne has a ingredient list for making your own blackeining seasonings if you wish
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced in thin medallions (or dice small to stretch further)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon blackening seasoning (I prefer Paul Prudhomme redfish magic)
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon blackening seasoning
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or fresh if you prefer)
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh spinach (leaves cut in half)
- 3 cups mini penne pasta, cooked
- 1season chicken well with blackening seasoning.
- 2in heavy skillet heat to med- high. add 1 T of butter and 1 T olive oil.
- 3cook chicken until just done about 6-8 minutes and remove to a plate.
- 4add mushrooms to skillet and 1 T butter.
- 5cook mushrooms until they start to brown, add garlic and cook no more than 2 minutes being careful not to scorch the garlic.
- 6add tomatoes, basil, blackening season and red pepper flakes.
- 7let cook for 5-6 minutes until most of the tomato liquid is gone.
- 8add cream and turn down the heat to medium and let cook for 5-6 minutes. taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- 9sprinkle parmesan over and stir until well combined, add green onions.
- 10return chicken to mixture and let cook 5 more minutes.
- 11add pasta and spinach and stir to coat cook 2 minutes or until pasta is heated through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Chicken in a Creamy Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 698.8
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 142.7 mg
- Sodium 447.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 38.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: