Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Adapted from a Betty Crocker recipe. Good and spicy.
Make and share this Spicy Chicken Hoagies recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons jamaican jerk spice
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped red bell peppers or 1 1⁄2 cups green bell peppers
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- hot sauce (to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 8 hoagie rolls
- Generously rub the jerk seasoning over the chicken thighs.
- Put the bell pepper and onion in the bottom of a 4-5 quart slow cooker.
- Place the chicken thighs over the vegetables.
- In a small bowl, mix the broth and ketchup together; pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Take chicken out of slow cooker; shred using two forks.
- Replace chicken into slow cooker and mix well.
- Season to taste with hot sauce and salt/pepper.
- With a slotted spoon, spoon chicken mixture into hoagie buns.
- Use extra sauce for dipping.
Delicious! I used cajun seasoning with red bell peppers and forgot the hot sauce. A very good meal for sandwich night served with fruit salad. Thanks for sharing this keeper which we will be having again often!
I was short on time so I simmered this on the stovetop rather than in the crockpot. I only used one pound of chicken breasts- if I did it with more chicken, I think I'd double the sauce- there wasn't enough for "dipping" using my stovetop method. This had more flavor than I expected with so few ingredients. I'd probably make this again- thanks for sharing!
Greta football watchin fare. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed it and it was easy to throw together in the morning and have ready a half time. I used Sue L's recipe for Jerk seasoning #29317 which worked perfectly as it makes exactly 3 tbsp. Thanks Nurse Di for sharing the recipe.