Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Adapted from a Betty Crocker recipe. Good and spicy.
Top Review by ellie_
Delicious! I used cajun seasoning with red bell peppers and forgot the hot sauce. A very good meal for sandwich night served with fruit salad. Thanks for sharing this keeper which we will be having again often!
- 3 tablespoons jamaican jerk spice
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped red bell peppers or 1 1⁄2 cups green bell peppers
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- hot sauce (to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 8 hoagie rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Generously rub the jerk seasoning over the chicken thighs.
- Put the bell pepper and onion in the bottom of a 4-5 quart slow cooker.
- Place the chicken thighs over the vegetables.
- In a small bowl, mix the broth and ketchup together; pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Take chicken out of slow cooker; shred using two forks.
- Replace chicken into slow cooker and mix well.
- Season to taste with hot sauce and salt/pepper.
- With a slotted spoon, spoon chicken mixture into hoagie buns.
- Use extra sauce for dipping.