1/1 Photo of Spicy Chicken Enchiladas Verde
This is a recipe that was in USA weekend, Jan26-28th. That's the magazine that comes in the Sunday paper. I tried this, and we loved it. I cut the recipe in half, and it still made 8 enchiladas. And also, I used just simple salsa in place of the salsa verde that was called for.I had made a rotisserie chicken on Saturday, and had the two thighs leftover. It made plenty of chicken for the following recipe.I also used dried cilantro and guessed at the amount.I used low carb tortillas also.I chopped the onion fine and added it with the chicken.Serves 4, with two enchiladas each.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups rotisserie-cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 cups salsa verde, divided
- 1 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped, and divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1/4 medium white onion, sliced thin
- sour cream, to serve (optional)
- guacamole, to serve (optional)
- 1heat oven to 400°F.
- 2Mix chicken with 1/4 cup of the salsa, 3/4 cup of the cheese. Add the cilantro salt, and pepper, and the onion. Spread half of remaining salsa in bottom of a baking dish.
- 3Microwave tortillas on high power in a microwave safe plastic bag until warm, about 45 seconds.
- 4Working with one at a time, spoon about 1/4 cup of chicken filling into tortilla and roll into a cylinder and place seam side down in baking dish. Drizzle enchiladas evenly with remaining salsa, and top with the rest of the cheese.
- 5Lighly spray a sheet of foil with cooking spray, cover dish and bake til heated through, about 30 minutes.
- 6Remove foil and serve with sour cream and guacamole if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Chicken Enchiladas Verde
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.8
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 99.3 mg
- Sodium 1517.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 32.3 g