Recipe by looneytunesfan
Cooked chicken strips and canned enchilada sauce hurry along this zesty entree.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
looneytunesfan, this is terrific! Thanks for posting this recipe, which included all the ingredients I had. I already had cooked, shredded chicken, so I just added the refried beans, cheese, enchilada sauce, and I made tex-mex rice. Zesty is the word, and delicious is the taste. I topped this with some green onions, and fresh cilantro. My family was in heaven!
- 1 (6 ounce) packageready-to-use southwestern-seasoned chicken breast, strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 cup refried beans
- 4 (7 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- chopped tomato (optional)
- shredded lettuce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, 1 cup cheese and 1/2 cup enchilada sauce. Spread 1/4 cup refried beans down the center of each tortilla. Top with chicken mixture; roll up.
- Place in two ungreased small baking dishes. Top with the remaining enchilada sauce and cheese; sprinkle with olives. Cover and bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with tomato and lettuce if desired.