Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
I was making egg rolls one night, and just started adding things. These turned out pretty good. I had to guesstimate on the amounts of the spices. Please feel free to adjust to your taste.
My Private Note
egg r o ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 3/4-1 cup of finely shredded cooked chicken (i used leftovers from Crock Pot Whole Chicken thanks again kathy)
- 3/4 cup of finely shredded carrot
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons onion powder (taste to suit)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder (taste to suit)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (taste to suit)
- 14 -15 egg roll wraps (16 oz.pkg.)
- 1 cup canola oil
honey-apricot dipping sauce
- 1In a large bowl combine cabbage and carrots; mix well.
- 2Add chicken; mix well.
- 3Add seasonings, mixing well.
- 4Taste, adjust seasonings if needed.
- 5Add egg, mixing well.
- 6To wrap egg rolls--.
- 7Lay wrapper on work surface.
- 8With wet fingers, damp all edges of wrapper.
- 9Place 4 tablespoons of mixture evenly across center of wrapper.
- 10Make sure filling is 3/4 inches away from edge.
- 11Fold bottom half over to meet top.
- 12Roll until tightly wrapped.
- 13Make sure that you are folding in sides as you are rolling.
- 14In a large 12 inch skillet, heat oil until hot.
- 15Fry on both sides until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side.
- 16Drain on paper towels.
- 17For Honey-Apricot Dipping Sauce--.
- 18In small saucepan combine all sauce ingredients.
- 19Over low heat, stir until boiling.
- 20Then cool.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Chicken Egg Rolls With Honey-Apricot Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1871 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.6
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 23.6 mg
- Sodium 292.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 27.4 g
- Protein 6.1 g