Prep 40 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Betty Crocker Low Fat, Low Cholesterol Cooking.
- 2 lbs chicken drumsticks
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°; spray a 13x9 inch pan with cooking spray; remove skin and fat from chicken drumsticks.
- In a large heavy-duty zip-lock plastic bag, mix the flour, cornmeal, cumin, chili powder, and salt.
- In a bowl, mix the buttermilk and pepper sauce together.
- Dip chicken into buttermilk mixture, then place in bag; seal bag and shake until evenly coated.
- Place coated drumsticks in pan; spray chicken lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes or until juice of chicken is no longer pink.
This went over well, will need to spice it up a bit more for next time. I put too much cumin in mistakenly using the wrong measure but I love cumin so no matter, will add more chili powder next time.
Delicious chicken drums! Loved the spices but next time I will add a little more pepper sauce to give a little more kick. So easy to put together, I will be making it again often. Thanks for posting.