Recipe by Pets'R'us
I like these with a blue cheese dip, but go for whatever you like yourself. If you prefer you could use boneless chicken thighs, they will need a bit longer cooking. Prep time does not include chilling
Top Review by Michelle S.
When I asked the family how many stars they thought this should get the answer all but one was 5 stars! The other? 500!!!! This is an easy to follow, gorgeous looking recipe! I used spicer nacho cheese tortilla chips! Fnatastic flavor! Most of the family dipped these in sour cream. Me? I went for garlic ranch dressing! The family asked me when I was going to make these again (and they never like anything close together, so I think ti say this was a HIT is a major understatement! Thanks Annelies for sharing this tasty recipe with us all.
- 4 chicken breasts, cut in finger-width strips and halved length-wi necessary
- 9 -10 ounces spicy tortilla chips, the amount will depend on the size of the chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons seasoned flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the tortilla chips in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin until they become coarse crumbs.
- Put them in a shallow bowl.
- Dip the chicken strips in the flour, then into the egg and finally in the tortilla crumbs.
- Chill for at least half an hour.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook for a few minutes on each side until golden, crisp and cooked through.
- If you have to do it in batches keep them warm in the oven.
- Serve with a salsa or your own favorite dip.