From the Fix-it and Forget-it Diabetic Crock pot Cookbook submitted by Tom and Sue Ruth of Lancaster, PA. Sounds easy but there are a lot of ingredients! There are 2 steps to the cooking process and the first takes 2 hours so this isn't the kind of recipe you can throw together and leave all day. The second part takes 4-6 hours to cook. Sounds tasty.
- 4 lbs skinless chicken pieces, with bones
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, chopped, thawed, squeezed dry
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 -3 red potatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 teaspoons turmeric
- Place (cleaned) chicken in a large slow cooker.
- Cover with water. Cover pot and cook on high for 2 hours or until tender and drain the chicken and remove from the slow cooker.
- Cool briefly and cut and shred into small pieces and return to the slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients and cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Serve on top of rice with mango slices or chutney.