Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
my family loves chicken and this is one of the recipes we make with it. this is preferreably eaten with steamed rice. measurements on fish sauce and salt can be changed according to your taste.
- 1⁄2 whole chicken, cut into pieces (breast)
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups water or 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, cut into strips
- 1 cup potato, cut into large cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 6 tablespoons fish sauce or 2 tablespoons salt and pepper
- 1 green chili pepper (optional)
- heat pan add oil.
- saute onion and ginger
- add fish sauce
- add in chicken, coconut milk, chicken broth and curry powder.
- cook for 15 min or until chicken is tender.
- if there's no fish sauce add salt and pepper.
- add red bell pepper and green chili.
- simmer for 3-5 minute.
- allow sauce to thicken
- serve over hot rice.