Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This quick one-pot Moroccan dish is perfect for a summer supper. You can use leftover cooked chicken if you like and add chickpeas to bulk it out and make it go further. Also good cold for lunch the next day! From BBC GoodFood Magazine.
- 9 ounces couscous
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 3 ounces blanched almonds
- 1 tablespoon hot curry paste
- 3 1⁄2 ounces dried apricots, halved
- 1 ounce fresh cilantro
- Prepare couscous with chicken broth, according to the packet instructions. Heat olive oil in a pan and cook the onion for 2-3 mins until softened.
- Toss in chicken breast fillets and stir fry for 5-6 mins until tender. Add the blanched almonds and, when golden, stir in the hot curry paste and cook for 1 min more.
- Add the couscous along with the apricots and the cilantro. Toss until hot then serve with plain yogurt if you like.