Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a great chowder from Aish.com for those cold winter months.
Make and share this Spicy Chicken Corn Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to pot with broth. Simmer, covered, over medium-low heat 10-15 minutes, flipping chicken half way through.
- Transfer chicken to plate and reserve broth. Shred chicken into bite size pieces.
- Cook smoked turkey, pastrami and onion in soup pot with the spices for about 5 minutes. Add all corn, cook for 2 minutes. Add reserved chicken broth and bring to a boil. Simmer over medium heat until slightly thickened.
- Stir in soy milk and chicken and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- Tips: While I love homemade chicken stock, I almost never have time these days to make it fresh. Now you can find great organic and msg free chicken or vegetable stock/broth in your local groceries that will work great in this and any other recipe that call for it. The key to a good grocery chicken stock is too look for one that has a short ingredient list that includes vegetables like carrots, celery and onions.