1/1 Photo of Spicy Chicken Club Sandwich
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
I wanted something different in a chicken sandwich and this is what I came up with. Please don't let the long list of instructions scare you. It’s a lot easier than it looks. Add more spices if you want it a little more spicy. This will make 2 LARGE sandwiches or 4 halves, your choice. Submitted to "Zaar" on August 11th, 2006.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 slices bacon, cooked slightly crisp
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 2 hoagie rolls, split and lightly toasted
- oil, for frying chicken
- 3/4 cup self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1Beat together egg and milk set aside.
- 2Pound chicken breasts until 1/2 inch thick.
- 3Mix together all breading mix ingredients in a deep dish or plate.
- 4In a large heavy skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- 5Using a double breading process, bread chicken in this order: coat both sides of chicken in breading, dip in egg wash coating both sides, then coat both sides again in breading.
- 6Fry chicken until golden brown on both sides about 8 minutes.
- 7Top each piece of chicken with two slices of cheese overlapping, then place 2 slices of bacon lengthwise.
- 8Cover to let cheese slightly melt.
- 9Assemble sandwiches in this order: lettuce leaves, 2 slices of tomato overlapping, chicken, and add 2 teaspoons of mayonnaise on each top half of bun.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Chicken Club Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.1
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 132.4 mg
- Sodium 826.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 32.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: