Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was quite good, easy enough to make and didn't take very long before it was done. I used a pkg. coleslaw mixture with carrots and cooked longer than suggested as I like my cabbage on the wilted side (the carrots still had a slight crunch to them). I also used chicken tenders. All I had on hand was spaghetti and it worked quite nicely. I guess I liked it more than I thought as I had 2 big servings.
- 8 ounces dry vermicelli
- 8 ounces skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups packed shredded green cabbage
- 3 green onions with tops, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely shredded
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot chili oil or 1 teaspoon sesame chili oil
- Cook vermicelli as pkg. directs, omitting salt. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain well. Coat chicken with 1 Tb soy sauce and garlic.
- Heat large frying pan, preferably nonstick, over high heat. Add 1 Tb oil; coat pan.
- Add chicken; stir-fry 2-3 minute or until lightly browned and cooked through. Mix in cabbage, green onions & tops and carrots. Cook and stir 30 seconds. Mix in vermicelli, oyster sauce and remaining 1 Tb soy sauce; cook and stir 2 minute or until all is hot.
- Remove from heat: mix in chili oil.