1/1 Photo of Spicy Chicken Chipotle Soup
Queen uh Cuisine's Note:
This soup is quick to make, flavorful, and filling. Serve with warm tortillas. Enjoy :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 907.18 g boneless skinless chicken breasts or 907.18 g boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 22.18 ml fajita seasoning mix
- 1 large white onion, diced small
- 1 large green pepper, diced small
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 7.39 ml dried chipotle peppers
- 946.0 ml chicken stock
- 396.89 g tomatoes, diced (Fire Roasted Tomatoes works best)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, coarsly choppped
- fresh lime juice
- monterey jack cheese, grated
- green onion, chopped
- tortilla chips, crushd
- 1Season the chicken with fajita seasoning.
- 2In a medium stockpot, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat, then sauté chicken in batches until brown.
- 3Remove and set aside.
- 4In the same pan, heat remaining oil and sauté onions, green pepper and garlic for about 3 minutes.
- 5Stir in chipotle flakes and continue cooking for 6-8 minutes on medium-high heat or until onions are lightly browned and limp.
- 6Return chicken to pot and add chicken stock, followed by tomatoes.
- 7Bring to boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- 8Add the cilantro and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- 9Ladle soup into individual serving bowls, squeeze lime over top and garnish with avocado, grated Jack cheese, chopped green onions or crushed tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Chicken Chipotle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (727 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.6
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 138.8 mg
- Sodium 500.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 60.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fajita seasoning mix