Recipe by Queen uh Cuisine
This soup is quick to make, flavorful, and filling. Serve with warm tortillas. Enjoy :)
Top Review by SweetsLady
Yummy soup! I used leftover chicken that I had from teh night before which I threw in with the tomatoes after cooking the onions and garlic and no green pepper due to personal taste. We topped with chips and cheddar cheese instead of monterey jack. Thanks for sharing the yummy recipe!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fajita seasoning mix
- 1 large white onion, diced small
- 1 large green pepper, diced small
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried chipotle peppers
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 14 ounces tomatoes, diced (Fire Roasted Tomatoes works best)
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro, coarsly choppped
- fresh lime juice
- monterey jack cheese, grated
- green onion, chopped
- tortilla chips, crushd
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the chicken with fajita seasoning.
- In a medium stockpot, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat, then sauté chicken in batches until brown.
- Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat remaining oil and sauté onions, green pepper and garlic for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in chipotle flakes and continue cooking for 6-8 minutes on medium-high heat or until onions are lightly browned and limp.
- Return chicken to pot and add chicken stock, followed by tomatoes.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the cilantro and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Ladle soup into individual serving bowls, squeeze lime over top and garnish with avocado, grated Jack cheese, chopped green onions or crushed tortilla chips.