Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe out of a Muscle and Fitness Magazine, and tweaked it a little to become my own. It only started out with about 3 ingredients and I had to add all sorts of seasonings, and little extras which really did change the flavor. My dad enjoyed it, and so did my mom. I thought it was good for a nice quick and easy meal, and not to mention 100% good for you. I will definitly be making it again, and I'll keep on adding ingredients until I feel like its absolutely perfect. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken, cubed
- 1 (30 ounce) canspicy chili beans
- 1 -2 can Mexican-style diced tomatoes (I used 1)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can tomato sauce (optional for thinner chili) (optional)
- 1 cup chopped onion (optional)
- 1 cup chopped green pepper (optional)
- 1 packet ol el paso taco seasoning mix (optional)
- fat-free cheddar cheese (optional)
- Cut chicken into cubes, (it's easier if you buy chicken tenderloins/breasts for that) Put into a Medium size pot on medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes or until lightly brown.
- When lightly browned stir in the last 5-9 ingredients, reduce to medium-low heat, and cook for about 15-20 minutes.
- (It's supposed to be thick, but if you want thinner just add the tomato sauce. I didn't add green peppers or tomato sauce to mine and it tasted great. Although the next time I definitly will.) Serve 1 cup portions and top with about an 1/8 cup of cheese.
- Or eat with some natural peanut butter on whole wheat.