Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This has a lot of flavor and is a family favorite! Super easy to throw together and bake.
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 (11 ounce) package 6-inch corn tortillas, torn
- 4 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked & shredded
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In small skillet cook onion and bell pepper in hot butter until tender; remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine chicken broth, mushroom soup and undrained tomatoes.
- In a 3 quart rectangular baking dish layer half of the soup mixture, half of torn tortillas, half of chicken, half vegetable mixture and half of cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake uncovered 45 minutes. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.