1 hr 20 mins
Chef Aaron Pilkington's Note:
I been looking to trim down the calories and this is a great start. Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs cooked chicken, pulled from carcass
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups onions, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup jalapeno, diced
- 4 cups cabbage, chopped
- 2 quarts water or 2 quarts stock
- 1 (20 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon carribean caribbean jerk seasoning
- 2 (12 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1Over medium heat, begin sweating the vegetables, cabbage, and jalapeno in the oil.
- 2Add the water or stock(made yourself, right?) and all of the other ingredients, save for the chicken and the vinegar.
- 3Simmer for about an hour. Everything should be soft and the soup should be aromatic.
- 4Adjust the seasoning to your taste.
- 5Add the chicken to warm it through, and stir in the vinegar to brighten the flavors.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Chicken Cabbage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (522 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.4
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 106.5 mg
- Sodium 3315.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 41.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
caribbean jerk seasoning