Sooz Cooks's Note:
Always on the quest to find good low carb meals, this is one that we all love. Adjust the amount of the Chili Garlic Sauce you use depending on how spicy you like this dish. You can always add more at the table but you can't take it out!! :-) If we are able to have Dreamfield's pasta, I serve this over their spaghetti noodles and it is delicious (add 5 grams of digestible carbs for Dreamfield's). OR it is great just like it is for super low carb!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger (or 1 teaspoon ginger paste)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded, about 3-4 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce (you know, the stuff in the jar with the seeds by Huy Fong foods, (FOR ME THIS MAKES IT PRETTY SPICY )
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (1 g) packet Splenda sugar substitute
- 1In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high then add the broccoli in a single layer. .
- 2Saute for 3 - 4 minutes without stirring until broccoli gets lightly browned.
- 3Stir broccoli, add garlic and ginger and saute for another minute or two.
- 4Stir in chicken. Cover pan and allow to steam for two minutes.
- 5Remove lid and stir in the Chili Garlic sauce, soy sauce, chicken broth and splenda.
- 6Stir and simmer until sauce reduces a bit and is not soupy.
- 7Serve with extra Chili Garlic sauce and soy sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Chicken & Broccoli in Chili Garlic Sauce (Low Carb)
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.4
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 52.5 mg
- Sodium 441.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 21.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: