Recipe by Sooz Cooks
Always on the quest to find good low carb meals, this is one that we all love. Adjust the amount of the Chili Garlic Sauce you use depending on how spicy you like this dish. You can always add more at the table but you can't take it out!! :-) If we are able to have Dreamfield's pasta, I serve this over their spaghetti noodles and it is delicious (add 5 grams of digestible carbs for Dreamfield's). OR it is great just like it is for super low carb!
Top Review by Boxergurl
I definitely felt like it needed extra chil garlic sauce, and I did add a cornstarch slurry to thicken this up. It was pretty darn good! Also did top it with extra soy and chili garlic sauce when serving. Thanks for sharing, will definitely make this again!
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger (or 1 teaspoon ginger paste)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded, about 3-4 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce (you know, the stuff in the jar with the seeds by Huy Fong foods, (FOR ME THIS MAKES IT PRETTY SPICY )
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (1 g) packet Splenda sugar substitute
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high then add the broccoli in a single layer. .
- Saute for 3 - 4 minutes without stirring until broccoli gets lightly browned.
- Stir broccoli, add garlic and ginger and saute for another minute or two.
- Stir in chicken. Cover pan and allow to steam for two minutes.
- Remove lid and stir in the Chili Garlic sauce, soy sauce, chicken broth and splenda.
- Stir and simmer until sauce reduces a bit and is not soupy.
- Serve with extra Chili Garlic sauce and soy sauce on the side.