Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Always on the quest to find good low carb meals, this is one that we all love. Adjust the amount of the Chili Garlic Sauce you use depending on how spicy you like this dish. You can always add more at the table but you can't take it out!! :-) If we are able to have Dreamfield's pasta, I serve this over their spaghetti noodles and it is delicious (add 5 grams of digestible carbs for Dreamfield's). OR it is great just like it is for super low carb!
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger (or 1 teaspoon ginger paste)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded, about 3-4 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce (you know, the stuff in the jar with the seeds by Huy Fong foods, (FOR ME THIS MAKES IT PRETTY SPICY )
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (1 g) packet Splenda sugar substitute
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high then add the broccoli in a single layer. .
- Saute for 3 - 4 minutes without stirring until broccoli gets lightly browned.
- Stir broccoli, add garlic and ginger and saute for another minute or two.
- Stir in chicken. Cover pan and allow to steam for two minutes.
- Remove lid and stir in the Chili Garlic sauce, soy sauce, chicken broth and splenda.
- Stir and simmer until sauce reduces a bit and is not soupy.
- Serve with extra Chili Garlic sauce and soy sauce on the side.
I definitely felt like it needed extra chil garlic sauce, and I did add a cornstarch slurry to thicken this up. It was pretty darn good! Also did top it with extra soy and chili garlic sauce when serving. Thanks for sharing, will definitely make this again!
I thought this was great! I used a different brand of the chili garlic sauce than stated, and I thought it was the perfect amount of heat. Next time, I may add more, knowing it could go spicier for me. I didn't have broccoli, so I did it with some red pepper, green onions, and water chestnuts. I bet it is great with broccoli though. The sauce I left the same. I cut it back to serve 2. One for my supper, and one for lunch tomorrow. I think the next time, I may add in a little sesame oil for a little different taste. All in all, thanks SoozieQ for the great recipe.
This was great! My family does not care for ginger, so we omitted. I added a little extra chili-garlic sauce because we like things spicy. It made great leftovers, too!