Recipe by GeishaDoll
This recipe is one that I came up with one day while trying to make something different. All of the alfredo-type sauces that I've tasted are too thick, heavy and rich and even with all of that....they never have enough flavor. This dish is something you can make after coming home tired from work because it's easy, tastes amazing and you can eyeball the ingredients according to how much less or more you want to make or how thick you want your sauce to be.
- 1⁄2 lb bow tie pasta
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 -6 large basil leaves
- 1⁄2 cup yellow pickled pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water for pasta and salt water prior to adding pasta.
- Trim any fat off the chicken and butterfly the breasts. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Bring chicken broth to a boil and add chicken and red pepper flakes on med/high heat until cooked. You'll notice the broth might thicken somewhat. This okay because you'll use this as the base for your sauce.
- Remove chicken once all pink is gone and chicken is cooked though. Hold with tongs and shread chicken with a fork. Set aside.
- Lower heat to medium and add in two cloves of garlic and saute for only about 1 minute.
- Add cream to broth and garlic.
- Roll up basil leaves and chop into thin ribbons. Add this to cream mixture.
- Add chicken and cooked pasta into sauce mixture.
- Add parmesan cheese and stir until well blended.
- Leave to thicken slightly on medium heat for about 5-10 minutes.
- Add pepperonchinis.(The yellow picked peppers mentioned above. These are on the pickle isle of your grocery store).
- The sauce will not be as thick as alfredo sauce gets, but will be even better! Just serve with warm French or Italian bread!